国際移住機関（IOM）駐日事務所では、Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking - CREST（奴隷制と人身取引撤廃の企業責任）プログラムの短期外部専門家（コンサルタント）を募集しています。主な業務内容は、日本で働く移住労働者の現状や課題に関する短期研究です。
Expression of Interest
Terms of Reference
Consultant to Conduct a Research on Legal and Regulatory Frameworks and
Human Rights Risks of Migrant Workers in Japan
International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 173 member states and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. Through on-going work in Asia and the Pacific region with the Corporate Responsibility in Eliminating Slavery and Trafficking (CREST) initiative, IOM develops partnerships and projects with businesses to build stronger commitments to the elimination of modern slavery and support their endeavors towards protecting migrant workers’ rights, ethical recruitment and fair labour practices in their global supply chains.
- Objectives of the research activity
Under the CREST initiative, IOM will conduct a desk research in Japan with the aim of supporting selected businesses in enhancing their understanding on:
- legal and regulatory frameworks on migrant workers in Japan and relevant countries of origin, focusing on the state-led Technical Intern Training Programme (TITP);
- the current situation of migrant workers in Japan;
- challenges that the migrant workers face, especially recruitment fee related issues; and
- related human rights risks to businesses and their suppliers.
- Job Description
Under the overall supervision of the IOM Chief of Mission in Japan and direct supervision of the IOM CREST teams in Japan and Viet Nam, the consultant will:
- lead the research with technical support and oversight by IOM Japan and Viet Nam;
- coordinate with IOM missions abroad and other stakeholders for data/information collection;
- produce a report of the above research in English including recommendations for businesses, a mapping of stakeholders and good practices in Japan; and
- prepare presentation material(s) on the report summary in both English and Japanese.
- Time Frame
1st October 2020 – 31st January 2021
- Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment
- First draft report (English) (50% of the final report covering main topics) by 30th October 2020; and
- Final report (text body: 40 pages at maximum) including recommendations to businesses, a mapping of stakeholders and good practices in Japan (English) by 31st January 2021; and
- Presentation material(s) on the report summary (English and Japanese) by 31st January 2021.
- Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Migration Studies, International Relations, Law or related field from an accredited academic institution;
- Knowledge as well as strong research and analytical skills on Japanese labour laws and related frameworks;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Strong computer skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of MS Office; and
- Fluency in speaking, writing and reading in both English and Japanese;
- Consultants can apply as individuals or legally registered institutions.
- If applying as an institution a proposal with budget will be required.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by IOM.
How to apply:
Submit a CV and a cover letter in English including daytime telephone and e-mail address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM) via e-mail to email@example.com by 21st September 2020.