Time and Date: 13:30-16:30, Thursday, 1 March 2018 (doors open at 13：00） Venue: Iris Hall, Katsushika Symphony Hills （adress: 6-33-1 Tateishi, Katsushika City, Tokyo） Host Organizations: Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) of Japan, International Organization for Migration (IOM) Support Organizations: Council of Local Authorities for International Relations (CLAIR)
The number of foreign nationals residing in Japan is growing and has almost reached 2.5 million. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the International Organization for Migration (IOM) will organize the 9th international workshop that will focus on the contribution of foreign nationals in vitalizing local communities.
Panelists with various backgrounds such as a local government, a private company, and schools will discuss issues from education to local revitalization for forward-looking relationship between foreign nationals and local communities.
13:35 Opening Remarks by
Mr. Masahisa SATO, State Minister for Foreign Affairs (TBC)
13:40 Keynote Speech by
Ambassodor William Lacy SWING, Director General of International Organization for Migration (IOM)
13:55 Presentation by Ms. Nari SHIM, Special Policy Advisor, Government of South Chungcheong Province, KOREA
14:35 Panel Discussion
Moderator: Professor Keizo YAMAWAKI, School of Global Japanese Studies, Meiji University
Panelists: Mr. Seiji HAGIWARA, Mayor of Mimasaka City, Okayama Prefecture
Mr. Yoshimasa MIYAKE, Principal of Higashikawa Japanese Language School, Hokkaido Prefecture
Ms. Yumi KANEKO, Vice Principal, KEIWA Primary School, Tsu City, Mie Prefecture
Mr. Takashi AYATO, President and CEO, R-Advance CO. Ltd (Fukuoka Prefecture)
16:25 Closing Remarks by
Mr. Koichi AIBOSHI, Director-General, Consular Affairs Bureau, MOFA
- 5 minute walk from Keisei Aoto Station.
(Keisei Honsen, Keisei Oshiage Line)
Please take a Keisei bus (新小52・53系) from JR Shinkoiwa Station or JR Kameari Station and get off at Bunkakaikan<文化会館>
* Please use public transportation to travel to the venue.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, 27 February 2018 (Registration period is over)
- Advanced registration is required for attending the workshop. Those without advanced registration will not be admitted to the workshop.
- Personal data submitted to the secretariat will be properly administered and used exclusively for the purpose of the management of the workshop.
- The secretariat will not send emails, fax, etc. to confirm the receipt of registration.
- The secretariat will only inform those applicants whose registration is not accepted due to seating capacity.